Using Snippets, Comments, and Scorecards can motivate, improve, and accelerate your sales team.
This month, we introduced our weekly tip series Tip Tuesday. Our Customer Success and Product teams put together actionable tips for our users by focusing on those that they think would be most helpful.
In the first of many Tip Tuesday round-ups to come, we went back to basics. Discover a few ways you can creatively use Chorus to motivate your teams and improve their calls.
Here are four tips to get the most out of Chorus today:
It’s easy to find and point out the parts of a call that need some help. But your coaching shouldn’t stop there. Your coaching is more likely to stick if you also celebrate small wins and successes.
If you are working with the team on a new skill or talk track, find great moments of them putting it into action and share it with your team. Reinforcing what good looks like will help make it stick.
Sharing a snippet of a call helps you share the important or impactful moments that help you drive a point home.
Here’s how you can easily share a win with your team:
- Find the call recording
- Click Share
- Crop your snippet (from both beginning and end of the call!)
- Share it via a link via slack, email, text with anyone.
Pro Tip: You don’t need to have a chorus account to watch it, so share away.
Sharing snippets allows you to send a segment of a call to the people who would benefit the most from hearing directly from the customer or rep.
- Reps can share snippets from their call with their executive buyers to showcase how excited the buyer’s team is about the product.
- Customer Success can enable the product and marketing teams by sending a snippet of a customer giving poignant feedback on the product.
Share a Win with Your Team
Providing feedback is essential for reinforcing good, repeatable behaviors in your reps and AEs. It is also a cornerstone of correcting or challenging behaviors you’d like to change. And sometimes discretion can go a long way.
There are a few ways to provide feedback on calls in Chorus. We typically see customers leave feedback in the form of either a public or private comment on a call, and "@" mentioning the person.
Here’s how to set your comments in Chorus to be visible publicly or privately:
- Select the call and find the moment you want to comment on
- Click “Comments”
- Write your comment. Make sure the timestamp and “@” handle are both correct
- Determine whether you want the comment to be public or private
- Click on the lock to change the privacy setting. (Unlocked is public, Locked is private)
- Click “Add”
- And, you’re done!
There are plenty of reasons why you would determine a comment to be public or private.
Here are a few we often come across:
- You just listened to a call between one of your reps and a prospect where a pricing objection was handled perfectly. Leave them a quick comment at that exact moment to publicly praise them for how well they handled it.
- Another rep on your team received the same pricing objection, and their response could use improvement. You can leave a comment on that moment, but make it private so that the feedback is for that reps’ eyes only.
Watch the Tutorial
We hear a lot from our customers about how they’d like to share a collection of calls or moments with their teams.
By creating a Playlist, you can quickly curate this collection and easily share it with anyone.
Here’s how to create a Playlist inside of Chorus:
- Click the “Create a New Playlist” button at the top right of the page
- Name your Playlist
Curate your newly created Playlist even more by adding entire calls or specific moments by using the clipping functionality.
Here’s how to clip and add a Snippet to a Playlist:
- Go to the call with the moment you would like to add
- Click the "Share" button in the upper right corner
- If you'd like to share a single moment from the call, slide the video cropping tools to capture just that moment
- Name your clip so you can find it later
- On the bottom right quadrant, click to add the moment or call to the specific Playlist
Pro-Tip: If you'd like to add the whole call, don't worry about adjusting anything -- just click "Finish Cropping."
Creating Playlists and adding to them is a great way to organize and share related themes in practice.
Here are a few ways we’ve seen customers use Playlists and Snippets creatively:
- To scale onboarding and training programs
- Increase ramp time for new hires
- Show what “good” looks like
- ...and many more!
Create a Playlist (and Add Calls and Snippets to it)
If you are rolling out a new coaching curriculum, you’ll want to evaluate how it affects team performance. Chorus can help you manage the coaching initiatives and measure the impact over time.
Here’s how to customize your scorecards to evaluate how your team is performing with your new curriculum:
- Ask your Chorus Admin to unlock these features for you
- Have your Chorus Admin go to User Management settings
- Click on “Roles and Permissions”
- Edit a permission called "Manage Coaching Initiatives" and assign initiative management of scorecards to your team your team
- Next time you log in, go to the Coaching tab and you'll see a new button to "Create Initiatives"
- Create away!