Chorus delivers enterprise-grade Roles & Permissions to everyone
Have you read the State of Conversation Intelligence 2020 report yet? If not, you have to go check it out right now!
One of the interesting stats we have in this report is how the typical deal cycle splits up into different stages. Almost a month is spent in cold prospecting by BDRs, another 60 odd days in the discovery and late deal stages with an AE and then, with some luck, it’s years and years of meetings with customer success and account managers.
Why did we just recount this? Because earning revenue involves many different roles (let’s not forget front line managers, function leaders, and enablement). And all of these roles have different day to day goals and challenges - many of which Conversation Intelligence can solve. As an example, we recently launched the only Conversation Intelligence feature specific to SDR teams - Cold Call Central.
Download the Ebook
You Asked, We Listened
As companies and revenue teams grow in size and geographic spread, they want their tech stack to also scale and easily support the growing complexity on the organization side.
Soon you have state-of-the-art IT regulations and governance controls in place. And for good reason. Businesses want to promote a culture of sharing, collaboration, and learning - but not at the cost of data security and privacy.
We knew our fast-growing and enterprise clients needed more flexibility to personalize the Chorus experience for their revenue teams. Chorus’s world-class product and engineering team rose to the occasion and delivered a deeply thought-out and nuanced version of “Permissions”.
Announcing: Chorus Roles & Permissions
With this launch, Chorus is the most ‘enterprise-ready’ Conversation Intelligence solution. We now offer the greatest level of flexibility and the most robust permissions within any CI platform. This means you can now make features accessible to specific roles as well as make recordings and data accessible to specific teams.
IT admins and sales operation managers need to be able to manage one of their go-to-market team’s most important assets: customer data. With Chorus Roles & Permissions, you can now set your revenue teams up to be successful while maintaining internal IT regulations.
With Chorus Roles & Permissions, you’ll be able to:
- use the customizable settings to control the Chorus experience for end-users.
- define access controls based on roles, like who can fill out scorecards.
- apply data access settings to specify the records users in certain teams or territories can view and edit.
- make some recordings, comments, or trackers private or accessible to some teams only.
Why Chorus Roles & Permissions Matter to You
Having roles and permissions in any technology platform sounds fairly straightforward and standard. So what makes Chorus any different? A few things:
- Conversation Intelligence is used in many different ways e.g. coaching, ramping, deal process, competitive intelligence, hiring, etc. This means there’s an even greater need for a horses-for-courses approach.
- Customer conversations are related to deals and dollars. Sometimes, this information needs to be protected and companies do now want everyone to have access to everything.
- Feedback and coaching can sometimes be more critical and constructive. This makes it all the more important to use a 1-to-1 approach inside the platform.
Chorus provides an unparalleled level of flexible on role-based permissions. You can now control what features and capabilities are available to users in different job functions. This way you only surface actions that are most critical to the user’s role such as coaching, modifying calls, and sharing.
Some examples of how you’d use these settings:
- Unlock peer-to-peer coaching for Reps, or limit access to scorecard completion to Managers or Enablement users.
- Limit deletion or modification of conversation data to only users with the right level of access
- Get Managers involved in developing a coaching culture by enabling them to create their own coaching initiatives specific to their teams
- Control data sharing by defining who can share recordings with users outside of your organization (without a Chorus login)
Team-based Access to Recordings & Data
Having flexible data access settings ensure that cross-functional teams can share information and collaborate, while still maintaining IT regulations of data security. This also enhances handoff processes between different types of teams. Think SDR to AE, and AE to CSM.
Without these flexible, specific settings, it would be difficult to pinpoint exactly who sees what. With Chorus Roles & Permissions, data access settings are defined on the team level, so it’s clear whose data will be impacted. We enable the selection of any set of teams to be included in data access.
This flexible approach makes teams work better. Here are a few examples:
- A Solutions Engineering team can get access to all of the relevant AE teams they support even though they sit on a different branch of the org chart.
- Handoffs from AEs to CS teams can be easily supported by setting up data access through this flexible framework.
Individual-level Privacy Options
As a conversation intelligence platform that’s widely used to coach and onboard reps, we’re always in favor of sharing your own recordings in order to be able to learn from peers and other teams. However, we also want to be able to serve privacy needs.
With Chorus’s privacy settings you can now:
- make any recording private. Think of a sales interview or an internal planning meeting that you recorded. There’s no need to make that public or a part of the team’s data. Just mark the meeting as private and it’s taken care of.
- write private comments (to self or by tagging specific people) that others cannot see. This means you can leave little notes-to-self as well as leave manager-to-rep feedback in a private manner.
Enterprises and fast-growing companies can be complex organizations with distributed revenue teams and regulated IT practices. Software Admins and Sales Ops need to ensure that users are getting top value from their sales tools while remaining compliant with these internal requirements. With Chorus as your partner, you can now implement Conversation Intelligence with greater flexibility and control. Learn more about our new Roles & Permissions features here.